Summer is the perfect season for grilling. However , for those of you who don’t have an outdoor grilling facility, or are in a grilling mood but it’s raining outside I have the perfect solution for you !
In this recipe we will talk a little bit about the Cajun seasoning which is one of the most popular seasonings in North America and it’s popularity is growing across the world. Cajun is a style of cooking named after the Acadians who were French speaking settlers in the United States after they were deported from Canada. Cajun cuisine is quite distinctive from French cuisine in it’s usage of local American ingredients and a more liberal usage of spices .Cajun seasoning typically consists of cayenne pepper and garlic as the prime ingredients and the spice blends vary depending upon the manufacturer. However , you will come across most spice blends having bell pepper, parsley, sweet paprika, onion commonly, and caraway , celery , mace and oregano aren’t unheard off either . In this recipe a pork loin chop is used, however it can be substituted with any other variety of pork chop. An informative guide to various pork chops can be found here.
- 2 Pork loin chops
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 cucumber
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (per chop)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
1. Season the pork chop with salt and pepper, followed by Cajun seasoning. Do not under-season your meat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and massage the pork well .
3. Make three cuts on the pork fat (top center and bottom) to prevent the pork from rolling up in the pan. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a cast iron pan and add one pork chop at a time so as to not overcrowd the pan.Cook the pork chop for 4-5 minutes each side. Rotate the chop to enable the fatty side to face the pan directly using tongs ensuring the fat is cooked and crispy.
4. Rest the pork for 8-10 minutes to enjoy maximum flavor .
5. Using a peeler to peel strips of cucumber. In a bowl beat the yogurt and then add the cucumber .Season with salt and pepper. Then add in chopped sprigs of dill. Serve it with the pork as shown in the picture.