Summer is the perfect season for minimizing cooking and eating raw foods. It also happens to be the perfect season for sprouting beans and legumes due to the warm weather. For this recipe you can either grow your own mung bean sprouts or buy pre-sprouted beans from the nearest health food or grocery store. A guide to growing sprouts in your home can be found here. Sprouts salads are very versatile and can be a perfect nutritious and delicious addition to your dinner, breakfast or can be a snack in between meals !
- 250 gm mung bean sprouts
- 1 julienned red chili
- 1/2 a lemon juice squeezed
- 1 teaspoon rock salt ( preferably Himalayan Rock Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo Pepper ( alternatively sweet paprika or Ancho Chilli powder can be used)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Cilantro to garnish
1. Wash the mung bean sprouts thoroughly. Preferably soak them in drinking water and discard the water to minimize any health risks.
2. In a salad bowl add the julienned red chili, lemon juice, rock salt, Aleppo pepper, olive oil and ginger to the bean sprouts and toss.
3. Garnish with cilantro as shown in the picture and serve.