In my recent journey towards a committed fitness oriented lifestyle and eating I have realised the biggest challenge is sustaining the diet plans . In the past, whenever I have tried to eat healthy I managed to follow the diet for a while before being completely disinterested and simply being fed up of it. Hence I have decided to focus my attention in this blog towards making smart choices which are not boring, so that gains made by dieting and exercise are sustained for long term progress. Of course, the focus of this blog has and will always be cooking with spices hence any dish geared towards a healthy eating lifestyle will not be lacking in flavor , that is my guarantee to you! What better way to stack up on your protein intake than fish! For this dish I have selected Barramundi, also commonly known as Asian Sea Bass. It has a light , flaky texture hence utmost care must be taken during cooking so as to not overcook the fish or else it becomes very “papery” and is simply not pleasant to eat.
Fish goes well with mayo, but mayo isn’t the healthiest condiment out there. You are welcome to use any mayo of your choice, however I have used mayo with extra virgin olive oil in order to maximize the health benefits from olive oil without sacrificing the taste of mayonnaise. For this recipe smoking the chipotle peppers on a roasting pan is ideal, however feel free to substitute any chilli. Chipotle peppers are typically dried and smoked, however in this recipe I like to add an extra layer of flavor by roasting them in the pan.
- Barramundi Filet 300 gm
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon Mayo in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 chipotle Peppers
- 1 whole garlic , skin on.
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sulfur free sugar
- Salt to Season, olive oil for cooking
- In a roasting pan place the whole garlic , season with salt and pepper and drizzle a little oil and roast in the oven at 350 F for 20 min.
- Heat your pan without oil and add the chipotle peppers, once the start smoking remove them from the pan and soak in hot water for 20 min or till it softens.
- In a blender add the mayo, chipotle peppers(after draining the water), cayenne pepper, black pepper , sugar , salt and the roasted garlic (squeeze out the garlic and discard the skin)
- In a pan add a tablespoon of olive oil. Season the barramundi filet with old bay and cook each side 3-4 minutes max.
- Remove from the pan and plate as shown.